Join us this year at the all day, free, family-friendly Fairport Harbor Harbor Holiday Whovillage event that takes place Saturday, December 3rd from 11am to 6pm!
Stop in to Finn Hollow Park, located right next to the Finnish Heritage Museum that has been converted to our very own “Whovillage” complete with 7 cottages and a giant Christmas tree. Families are invited to take pictures, write letters to Santa, and gather around the tree for the lighting ceremony.
Area organizations, museums, businesses, churches and schools invite attendees to participate in arts and crafts, Chinese auctions, entertainment, food and activities. The Red Trolley will be there to transport visitors to stops throughout the Fairport Harbor Village for a $5 fee.
Every year the Grinch climbs the historic Fairport Harbor Lighthouse tower to read the Dr. Seuss classic story, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”. During the day, the Grinch travels around the Fairport Harbor Village with his dog, Max, stealing gifts to “Fill the Cruiser” for Toys for Tots.
Whovillage Holiday Costume Contest
Dress your Pre-K through 7th graders in Whovillage Holiday Costumes for a chance to win $100, $75, or $50 cash!
2016 Harbor Holiday Timeline
Below is a time-line of the events throughout the day. We will be updating this page with the latest event information as well as a trolley map to the businesses throughout the Village.
- 11am – 12pm : The Grinch visits the Fairport Harbor Library
- 11-5 : Letters to Santa
- 3pm : The Grinch arrives at the Fairport Harbor Dance Academy Harbor Holiday Performance Recital at Fairport Harbor Harding High School
- 5pm : Free Whovillage Holiday Costume Contest at The Whovillage in Finn Hollow Park
- 5:30pm : Tree Lighting & Caroling at The Whovillage in Finn Hollow Park
- 5:45pm – 6pm : Parade to the Fairport Marine Museum Lighthouse for the reading of the “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” from the top of the Fairport Marine Museum Lighthouse
- 6:15pm : The Grinch and Santa will be at Memorial Park for photos
- 7-10pm : Whovillage Pubcrawl
2016 Harbor Holiday Map
2016 Whovillage Pubcrawl
Also, stay around after the reading of the “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” for the 2016 Whovillage Pub Crawl from 7pm-10pm! We will be stopping at our area watering holes along with a few pop-up pubs! Tickets are $25 and include a trolley ride to the pubs, drink specials, a giveaway and entry to win a weeks stay at a resort in Cancun!
Join pub crawlers at 7pm at the gazebo in Memorial Park and receive a wristband. There is free parking all along the square. The Trolley will shuttle participants to all of the stops on the pub crawl. Crawlers can hop on or hop off at any of the stops, or feel free to stroll along to the pubs on your own.
There will be an Elf at each pub to answer questions and guide you through! Feel free to stay as long as you want, but meet us at 9:45pm at the Pompadour for the prize drawing!
- Highwater Tavern
- Rich Lanes
- The Gravel Pit, featuring the Fairport Heritage Foundation
- Beachcombers featuring a pop-up pub by Quail Hollow Country Club
- Close the night at The Pompadour!
Crawlers will receive a commemorative glass, special drink prices on unique cocktails, free snacks and sweets, trolley rides, a chance to win a week’s stay at a resort in Cancun, and a jolly good time! The trolley will transport pub crawlers back to Memorial Park until 10pm.